Tuesday, April 29, 2008

My funny daughter...

So I am trying to tell more stories about Loni or our life and posting them in the blog as kind of my journal. Because if you know me I forget things pretty easily. I remember nothing really.....so anyway Loni is playing some pretty advanced games for her age. She is really pretty good at playing games and we have been working with her to not get mad when(or should I say if...)she looses. So we play skip-bo, clue, life, memory(ok this is one that is for her age), and others. She has smoked Rick and I at clue. She kills us on Skip-bo too. She doesn't always win but her thing now, the reason I am writing this is.......After the game is over she sticks out her hand for us to shake it and says "good game!" I know it is something you should say but really who really says it, especially if you are the loser?? But our daughter does. Oh and now she prays and says...."thank thee ______, thank thee ______". She tells me I need to do that also because that is the correct way to pray. It is a crack up. When she started to do it I had to bite my cheeks so I wouldn't laugh. I love her prayers.....they are also years beyond her age.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debi and Rick, That is why I love Loni so much...besides the fact that she is my granddaughter and we are supposed to love everyone...maybe that I why I have always liked and still like Loni. I mean we have to love our grandkids and love everyone...but to like someone is not a law. Yes, she has a strong personality and loves to get her way and she can throw some good fits...but she is absolutely charming and different and darling. I remember holding her while you guys slept through her crying and I would hold her on my chest and she would say a few things and I would tell her that "all is well" and somehow she believed me and would sleep. She loves to be close to people and intimate with them...she wants to know your secret thoughts and she wants to tell you hers and she wants to think about what she hears and thinks. In so many ways she is a typical kid. But like many children and this is to your credit for allowing her to be so, she is definitely her own girl and trying to find the person God wants her to be. She is sincere about being the good girl that she is, not the good girl we want her to be or the good girl that some other little girl is, but the good girl she is. Yeah, she is just a cutie. Thanks for sharing some of her interesting behaviors. I can just picture her doing both those things. What a great gal. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Debi, Rick, Loni, We all know Loni is something special. She's like no other. I know she knows a ton for her age and that just makes me think she's got something extra special to do here on earth. She's great and I love her. Besides she's my first niece and the best. Michelle