Friday, April 25, 2008

A few firsts......

I made my first batch of chili and cornbread. I think that they turned out ok. Rick said the chili was a bit spicy but good. I don't really know. I think that it was good, I guess we will see if people at my ward eat it tonight. I made it for our ward chili cook-off. It isn't like I will win the "best" chili award I just knew if I had to make it for something I would try it. So here it is, thanks mom for the recipe. The cornbread hopefully is cooked all the way through. I tend to not be very good at baking things that need to be cooked all the way through. Brownies, etc. We will see. Anyway another first.......
This is my friend Melissa'a first baby girl. She has one little boy that is almost 2, i think. Anyway
isn't she so cute and look at all her hair! I just thought I would share her picture because I thought she was a cute baby. Missy had to have a c-section but is doing fine...baby doesn't have a name yet.......

3 comments:

Kate said...

Your chili was yummy! Good job! :)
Now, I should be in bed, not lurking on blogs!
Kate

Heather and Trevor said...

Hey you guys! I didn't know we were so lucky to be on your list and that you even had a blog! yay! I love to keep in touch on here! Glad to see you are well. :) Keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

Debi, if your chili does ever get too spicy, just add some water (to thin it down a bit) and sugar...a couple of tablespoons will cut too spicy a bit. If it is still too spicy then another can of beans or tomato soup or sauce...they are a little more bland and will absorb some of the spice. It looked good. Nice presentation. Yes, Missy's little girl is cute and hairy on her head. I love lots of hair on babies. Love, Mom