1 day ago
Friday, April 11, 2008
Healthy food is good!
Well I have been meaning to put something about me eating healthier on this blog for a bit but I keep forgetting. But since I am on a roll today i will just go ahead and put something on here about it. While Rick was gone to San Diego I was watching "You are what you eat" on the BBC channel and if you have ever watched that you know that some things look really gross to you and you won't be able to bear to eat them. Some people have no clue what they are putting into their bodies. So I started to eat healthier when Rick was gone and trying to eat more fruits and veggies and getting Loni too. Then when Rick got back at work they had a nutrionist there who was working with them to teach them about healthy eating and she had a little walk through at the commissary to show you what to buy that is good and what not to buy. It was very informative and if you want to know more of that post a comment and I will add a blog later of all that I learned. Amazingly enough though Rick has listened to her and is trying to eat more veggies. You would be amazed! He even ate zuchini and liked it! I have been making dinner more too, I know everyone should be just as amazed at that! Well anyway here is just a bit of what I know and have learned.........wheat flour is good, white is bad, brown rice good, white rice not. Make sure your bread has at least 3g dietary fiber/3 g protein. Cereal should have like 5g dietary fiber/5g protein. Don't eat salad dressings you can't see through like ranch! Oh woe is me, no more ranch dressing......course I have started eating viniagrette which is yummy! Oh of course you don't know you don't like it till you try it! Who knew I would like so many different things! Of course exercise is good for you........but if you don't exercise you definitely need to watch you sugar and salt intake. She also said 90% healthy/10% whatever you want to eat.....so you can still have a little ice cream at the end of the day! She said don't eat non-fat things.....they contain too much sugar.....eat low-fat. Use 1% milk not 2%/whole/or skim. Mozarella cheese and Sharp cheddar are better for you. She says Sharp cheddar you shouldn't use as much as when you eat mild so you also save money....Rick didn't really want to try this out yet. Make sure you only drink 100% juice drinks not 100% juice cocktails which have lots of high fructose corn syrup. I have been drinking the v-8 juice cocktail so I have to stop that and switch to the 100% juice v-8's. Well I guess that is all I will fill your brain with for now. Again if you want more I will post more if you comment that you would like to know more! Have a great day and eat more healthy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I want to know, so let's hear it.
Post a Comment