Saturday, April 19, 2008

NBA Playoffs, a little too much don't you think!

I now know why sports in the west does not get its due appreciation. No one stays up all night in the east to watch the games. We have 9:30-10:30 or 11:00 start times. I don't know how people do it. Mountain time is the best for everything. Anyway, about my rant of the NBA playoffs. 2 months!! That's one third of the regular season. I guess it's all about money and TV ratings. 40 games in 40 nights, a little, no a lot too much and what about this 20 second timeout. Why do they even call it a 20 second time out anymore? I think it should be changed to the "One commercial with commentary timeout", and the other, "The 4 commercial timeout". Just give them 5 timeouts, it's all the same. In a world of excess the NBA is close to the top.
Hey I've got an idea for the NBA. Maybe they could add 4 wild card teams 2 in each conference, (because there aren't enough teams in the playoffs as it is) giving the top two teams a bye in the first round. Doing this they could drag the season out a little bit longer saving most from the agonizing month of July with baseball only, taking us right into the best time of the year, FOOTBALL. TNT could probably get 60 games in 60 nights out of the deal too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Loni, I didn't know you knew so much about sports. But I have to say, I'm with you all the way. Maybe you should move back to the west coast! Isn't 11:00 past your bedtime anyway? :) Tate

Gramma Betsy said...

HA! I Love it! I actually timed the "20 second timeout" last night--it was one minute and 30 seconds. Way to go Jazz!