Hey so I wanted to put this picture on here because I want everyone to know that I am thankful for all these men, the Twelve, and all those that serve faithfully in their church callings. Lets not forget their families either. Being here in Virginia where there just aren't many members who come to church we are sometimes asked to serve in more than one calling. It is not just because there just aren't many people in the ward but also because not many are willing to take callings. Now some people we aren't allowed to call into a calling but some turn it down. I know that there are some very good reasons to for some of them to turn down a calling but sometimes I think that people underestimate themselves and what a calling will do for them. I know that all my life I thought I would never be in a higher position calling because I wasn't good enough etc, but it may have been because I knew I wasn't the right one for the calling at the time. All I can say is that you as a member of the church should accept a calling when you are asked because you will learn valuable lessons for your life.....if you think you won't, you won't, but if you actually serve and pray that you can serve in your calling you will learn something and you will be blessed. I know many people have busy lives but just imagine if you were in the General Relief Society or the General Presidency how busy your lives would be then! Take time to do your calling and make your life easier and those in callings around you. Ok so mom I may be turning into you just a bit but in this case it is alright! Ha ha! I love you mom, and dad!
1 day ago

1 comment:
Deb, This is great. Of course Loni was being obedient. She loves you and thinks your great. She wants to be just like you. You sound great. I sure miss you and hope you are having fun trying all these fun things out. You guys look great too. Love you michelle
Post a Comment