Monday, July 25, 2011

It's addicting......

When I started out this whole couponing thing I didn't think I would really get into it. See I hate shopping. I hate it even more when I have 2 kids to keep watch over. Drag in and out of the store. In and out of the car. And the couponing gurus said you would go to several stores. Well I am addicted. Every Sunday I plan out my little trip and cut all my coupons and organize myself to set out on Monday to get my deals. I know. Debi is going out shopping with all her coupons and going to more than one store. Yep. Funny. I know. I laugh to think of it myself. Nevertheless I am getting pretty good at it. I can slow down now and just get things here and there. But today. A deals a deal and I went and got them. I went to 5 stores. I spent 142.23. I know. It sounds like a lot. The dog and cat food don't count. So take that away and I only spent 55.10. I know cat and dog food is a lot. :) I got that at a deal too. I had $26 in coupons for those. Anyway If you take away all the coupons and discounts I would have spent 164.50! Can you imagine going to Rite Aid/CVS/Walgreens and spending that! I probably would have! I don't shop at Walmart much anymore since I started doing this. You can get deals there but it is too far out of the way. These 3 stores are amazingly close to my house, I walk to Rite Aid and CVS a lot of the times.
Anyway on to what I got for $55.....
Hairspray
Mousse
3 boxes of Frosted Flakes
8 ct pens
2 handsoaps
body wash
toothpaste
2 shaving cream
feminine pads :)
2 razors(3 ct each)
2 bags m&ms :)
6 boxes of kleenex
2 shampoo/conditioners(I only get 2 in 1's now)
1 razor 4 ct cartridge
2 pkg of hair elastics
2 big chocolate bars
4 paper towel rolls
small box tampons
huggies wipes
huggies diapers
air filter
door thing....can't remember what it is called!
If I had gone in with $55 and paid full price I would have been able to only get the razors, air filter, diapers, and some tampons. I don't know about you but I would have just bought chocolate and left the store!


4 comments:

Jami said...

Go Debi Go!!! If I lived closer to civilization, I might try the couponing thing....but I am the type that just buys the chocolate and leaves :)!!! Good job though! Isnt it fun getting a "bargain"!

Terry and Gail said...

You did well and if you keep practicing you will do even better. I am definitely a buy the candy bar and leave type. Love, Mom

Sherrie said...

I am worried about you, do I need to cut my trip short?

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

good job!! impressive. i'm still not motivated but maybe one day.
jody