Monday, June 20, 2011

Extreme Couponing #2

So I have been couponing for a few weeks now. I wasn't very good the first few times. I am still not very good, but I follow instruction very well. So now if you would like to follow that instruction here it is.
Go to thekrazycouponlady.com
Click on Extreme Couponing
Every week she lays it out. It isn't for everything, but it is for Rite aid, Walgreens, and CVS. She tells you which things you are buying, what coupons you are using, and how many transactions. It will make more sense when you go and read it. Anyway so far I have followed that twice and on my second time I think I did pretty well. I still didn't do as well as she lays out, but I did pretty good. I ended up spending between those 3 stores and my local home and garden store, $27. I saved $97. Nice. I didn't buy everything on the Rite Aid list because I messed up. I couldn't find part of it and well really messed up. At CVS I got all that was on there, plus some nuts and 2 Eucerin lotions with sunscreen. Walgreens was a flop. I only got 2 of the items plus a pack of gum. They were out of most of the items and the cashier was not so helpful. I haven't liked Walgreens yet. CVS is awesome and has the best cashier. I have gotten him twice and the first time he walked me through it and told me to do several transactions and have all of the coupons ready to hand to him with each item. He is nice about the multiple transactions and he helps! I love him. :) hehe. He doesn't really smile at me or anything but he saved me money and that made me smile. Anyway Rite aid is just so so still. I have gotten some good deals I just really need to be patient and find all the items that I want.
So there you have it. It you want to start out small go with those stores and the Krazy Coupon ladies website and you will get the hang of it faster and get the money saving itch quicker than trying to figure it out on your own. Good Luck!

2 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

ok. i'm going to look into it. i'm not promising anything though! :)
jody

ps i'm glad you love the cvs guy. :)

Terry and Gail said...

I need to try more... i heard walgreens is hard but if you can conquer it you really make some amazing savings... love mom