Monday, October 6, 2008

Student of the Month


So we are one month into Loni's first grade experience. It has been pretty normal, I think. She doesn't like her teacher as much as her kindergarten teacher. She thinks the homework is too easy and boring. She gets good grades but talks too much occasionally and has to pick a yellow card which she hates to do! She gets to take lunch to school which she enjoys and so I don't mind making it for her. She thinks school lunch is gross. She hasn't tried it but I rather make her lunch anyway. She missed the bus once and was mad all the way to school. She received this award from school. Student of the month where all the other kids who got it meet in the cafeteria and are awarded it by the principal. She was really excited. I took pictures and will add them later.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just adore knowing that Loni is student of the month. For me, my grandchildren are students of the year. They all work hard and love learning. I would suggest one thing to Loni about her talking too much as I am the "talking too much" queen. The important thing is to always talk about what is being taught and to make sure that Loni understands that school is about learning and as long as her talk is about learning what the teacher wants the class to learn...then her talking is not criminal and maybe that is why the teacher never has her get a blue or red card because even if she talks to much she is engaged and interested and involved with the learning process. That is the most important and with time she will manage her talking better. I love Loni and I am one of her greatest fans. Love, Grandma

Shawna said...

Congrats little Loni! I am sure she is an excellent student. I am not surprised she is a talker coming from your family. Haha. . . :) Hope you guys are doing well. :)

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

Awesome! Congratulations Loni! I talked a lot in school too. Sometimes I would get punished too. The thing about talking in class is I'm sure you talk because you already learned the lesson that your teacher was giving, but it's a problem b/c maybe the other kids haven't learned it yet and they need to listen and not talk. That's what my teachers always told me anyway. Congrats again on being student of the month! Keep it up!
Tate