Friday, October 24, 2008

Some good news.....to Loni and me at least

So I took Loni to her 6 month dentist cleaning and check up. When she was done they came out and said she had 5 cavaties! They didn't work on younger children as far as fillings go so they were referring her to a kiddie dentist. Well I knew that would cost a bit but it was a lot! So I checked another place and they said they would take her. The first dentist didn't ever take x-rays so at the new place they took some. Well after all the worrying, retraining Loni's brushing schedule, and explaining to Loni what would happen when she went for her fillings(since she has never had one).......the new dentist calls me back to look at the x-rays. Do you know what he says to me???? Uummmm.....she doesn't have any cavaties! What?Yahoo! and what was that other dentist looking at?? So which dentist should I keep going to?? I was so happy for Loni and for me that she didn't have any cavaties after all! Just in time for Halloween and all the yummy treats.....we may have to make a return trip!

3 comments:

Gramma Betsy said...

Tell Loni to take care of those teeth. I just had a root canal - OUCH! Sure glad those cavities turned out to be fake!!!

Anonymous said...

Well, you will know if this dentist is legitimate if you go back the next time and he tells you there are still no cavities. If you go back and all of a sudden there are five cavities then you can begin to wonder. But I hope that there are no cavities. Tell Loni she has been given a reprieve and if she stays diligent then she won't have to go through the misery of a filling. With her being so much like me she will hate it. I will have to teach her how I handle the dentist when I do have to get a filling so she will know how to endure the experience. Love, Mom

Pam said...

Hmmm, you could come see JD. He won't try to rip you off. :)