Monday, October 13, 2008

What is a Peanut Festival?

The peanut festival is the same as a harvest festival, county fair minus all the animals. Peanuts are grown in the area. I too was perplexed of the lack of peanuts. There was one place handing out peanuts in the whole area. Must have been a bad year, or no one can afford to give away peanuts. There were also peanut butter sculptures but we didn't have the camera out at the time. Loni had fun at the carnival and can't wait to go back next year and play the water gun race again. Rick did win a stuffed animal for her at that game so she wanted to try and just lost. The carnival was fun, but glad it only comes around once a year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never understood why carnivals are so expensive. If it hadn't been for the fact that your dad always worked at the Carnivals so the owners would let us ride for free and you guys never wanted to eat so I didn't have to spend money on carnival food, we would never have gone to carnivals. Then I worked so I could afford to take you to the Blackfoot fair when you wanted to go. Thanks for the explanation about your peanut carnival. Miss you...Love, Mom

Joseph and Katie said...

Great posts about the Festival and Dog walker. I also wanted you to know that you have been tagged by me. You need to go to my blog and see the post "I've been tagged" to see what it is all about. :)
Katie