1 day ago
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Cute story....
I have a few cute stories, no pictures, that I wanted to share. I always forget to write down things so I thought I had better. A few weeks ago when I went to the temple my friends Erin and Brandon watched Loni for the WHOLE day. My day was very long and tiring but I was glad that I got to the temple finally, especially before the baby is born.....but that isn't the story. While Loni was with Erin and Brandon they went to Chuck E. Cheese. We have only been there once for a birthday party so this was a real treat to Loni. She loved it. Anyway the story is Erin and Loni were playing a game and there was a little boy who had played and left without taking his tickets. Erin noticed them and said, "Look Loni tickets!" Loni told her, "Those aren't ours." Erin said she felt kind of bad because she was planning on taking them. Instead they looked for the little boy to give them back to him but was unable to find him. I am not sure what happened to the tickets. I told Erin that I probably would have tried to keep the tickets as well. Loni is just a bit more honest than I am. Sad, I know! So isn't that just so cute. Here is another one, that again shows I need to learn from my daughter. At church I was in charge of Sharing Time and at the end way handing out some coloring pages. We ran out and I had a teacher go make some extra copies. Not knowing her daughter didn't receive her copy back afterwards, I gave the last copy to a girl who asked for one for her little sister. She came and found me and said she hadn't received her copy back so I told her to go get Loni's from her and tell her I would make a copy for her at home. Loni had no problem with this and gave her copy to the girl with no problem. She commented that she was doing a service by giving her copy to the girl, just like my lesson had taught. I said she was and that she was very thoughtful and a nice girl to do that. Well we got home and after eating dinner Loni went to brush her teeth. She has to get on the counter to do this since she is so short. When she was done I was waiting in her room for her and she asked if I would come help her down. I told her she could do it herself. Since she always does. So she did. She came in and commented that she had done a service by giving her paper to the girl earlier and I could have done one for her by helping her get down. Slap!!! She didn't slap me but I sure felt one. I told her she was right and I would try harder to do small services like that. I think God gave her to me for a reason. I haven't figured out why yet, but I am sure I soon will. Ha ha! Hope you have a great day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Loni is a good girl and yes, you should do small services like that from time to time for her. Kids always teach us if we are willing to learn. That is why God told us to become as little children. They are willing to learn but if we don't practice what we preach then they will eventually think, "Why should I?" So be careful and try harder and she will stay the nice way she is. Love, Mom
What a little sweetheart, she will be such awesome help when the baby comes...
Debi your Loni is a sweet heart. I have learned a lesson from her also just by reading your write up. I need to be more giving and serve others first. Thank you for sharing.
KAtie
What a sweetie she is! I learned a whole lot from my kids over the years! They all turned out pretty good, and I'm sure I didn't have anything to do with it.
What an incrediable little girl you have! We sure miss you guys. Oh ya by the way I am the new Primary President too! We can share ideas.
Post a Comment