Thursday, July 19, 2012

New bedskirt

 So a long while ago I made my own bedskirt.  It worked but I didn't really like how it turned out and I didn't like the color.  It was too light and with black dog and cat hair sometimes attacking it!  Anyway I needed a new one.....so.
 In enters one I saw on pinterest.  I don't know who posted it but I liked the idea of just covering the mattress boxspring and being done with it.  I always had to tuck the old one up to vacuum and it bugged me.
So there you have it.  My new and improved bedskirt from burlap and with some furniture studs.  Not perfect, but I don't believe burlap is supposed to look perfect.  I think that may be why I liked it so.  Hopefully it holds up.  It didn't have instructions on "how to" so I did the best with what my brain told me to do. :)

2 comments:

Terry and Gail said...

Yes, I like that and I think it is a good idea. Naked mattresses look, well, like naked mattresses. I think you did a great job and you are right about burlap... it is rustic but I think it looks like the good rustic. Love, Mom

Aaron and Julie said...

that is a really good idea!! Whenever we move into a house and I feel like putting energy into decorating I will think on it more...