
This a picture I took with my phone a few weeks ago. It was the first time I really let Tyce crawl around at the beach. He loved it, and loved to eat the sand. Of course.

This is from a longer while back. This tree is at Loni's school and I saw this red thing sticking out on it. I couldn't tell what it was so I got a closer look. One leaf on the tree was red. I don't know if this is a normal thing to see but it wasn't normal for me so I took a picture. Kind of cool.

Yikes! So I did my first real garden this year. The zucchini bombed out. We just couldn't get them through all the bugs. I think we got 2 zucchini total. Next year I will plant them in the ground instead of in a pot. The peas were good but also didn't produce much. The tomatoes are turning out great. See below. The carrots are a little odd, but I think another year may be in store to really determine if it is worth growing. This is a sample of what came out of the ground. Some really long, some middle, some really baby baby carrots, and some stunted growing ones. They all make me laugh.

Some yummy salsa from my romas! Don't you just want to take this bite!

So Rick is gone for a bit and that means that I am left to do what I seem to do best......buy things. I don't know why exactly I do it, but when Rick is gone I always find something to purchase. It can be cheap or really expensive it doesn't matter. It just seems to always happen. I am hoping I do the cheap purchases more often so that we don't go broke, cuz lets face it, he is gone a lot! Anyway most of you probably haven't been to my house so you won't recognize that this is a different rug. I bought one for our bedroom, didn't like it, so I bought this one. I decided to leave it downstairs though and take the other one upstairs. Just because I like to change how things look. Ada was a really "good" helper when I was moving everything to put it down. She helped me vacuum and "clean" it with her spray bottle and rag. Also just so you know....I am not a flowery pattern person, but I am a dog person and the flowers sure do help mask all the hair that they shed! I also am a clean person so I do vacuum. Just in case you were wondering.
4 comments:
never understand why after the first bite of sand, they don't realize that its gross! so funny!
love you garden pictures. i want the salsa right now! i love fresh salsa. it is one of the best things ever.
i think i actually thought, is that a different rug? before i read your explanation. :) i love how little kids clean. i always have to give joss a papertowel when i'm cleaning and i spray windex on the front of something for her to wipe over and over again!
jody
I always get some traditional looking carrots and some really bizarre looking ones. It is because we don't thin out the carrots as they start to grow that we get such a variety. I don't remember eating sand but I am sure I did. I can't remember what age I started thinking it was really annoying to eat, but I can only remember hating eating it. These are cute pictures of the kids and your yummy salsa and I like the flowery rug. Love, Mom
I am not sure why these messages say that they are from the Figueroas but I am at my house typing on my computer from my internet... weird... somebody must have done something that I don't understand to my computer. Love, Mom
You're so cute! That salsa looked amazing! I wanted that bite so bad! MMMMMMMM!!!! ;)
Post a Comment