Monday, August 15, 2011

There was something familiar.......

Several years ago I took this picture on one of my camera phones. It stayed there and stayed there till Rick downloaded all the pics I had on my current phone onto my computer. It was too cute to ever delete and luckily it was transferred from each phone for probably the last 4-6 years. I am not sure how old Loni is in this photo but it is definitely a keeper. So today at the store I was taking photos of Ada in a hat and sunglasses. She loves to try things on and I figures I would take a photo. And the results were a little deja vu.
I don't always see how alike Loni and Ada really are till you put them in the same kind of shot around the same age. I think this photo is a keeper as well.
Ada also loves to try on shoes. She will drop to her bum, rip off her shoes, and put on any shoes that are sitting there. Just so you know, we bought the hat, but left the shoes. She also likes to carry around purses in the stores. I am always grateful to get out of the store without having to buy one. Today was the first of real " I have to purchase this because Ada ripped it open". Luckily it was only a bag of skittles and not a smashed mirror or anything like that.
I also got these new boots! Every winter when it is colder I always want some dressier shoes that will keep my feet a bit warmer. Well every other woman has boots. I have looked and looked but have never found any that felt right, looked right, and asked to come home with me. Today these did. Tyce and Ada both like them too. Ignore the cut off jean shorts.
Me in my red hat. By the way I love red. This hat asked to come home with me too. I couldn't say no. It was one of those days.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I love that red hat too. You are stylin!

ps.. cute kiddos

Micah and Lindy said...

Your kids are just too cute so are you in your styling new boots and hat. i just love those boots, I am kind of a sucker for boots though. Anyway good work looking good love ya

Mindy said...

Ddebi very cute hat and boots! glad they asked to come home with you!! Ada does look like Loni!

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

shopping? shocking! godd buys though. too bad we don't live close enough to share!
cute pics of the kids too!
just got home but i will send you a cd of photos of loni from my trip.
jody

Terry and Gail said...

Really darling post... I love the red hat, brown (I am surprised you didn't buy black ones) boots and Loni and Ada do look alike and of course your lovey dovey Tyce.... so cute. Thanks for sharing. I am so sleepy. I got Loni to bed by 9PM tonight. three cheers for Grandma!!! Love, Mom

Robin Conner said...

Love the boots, Love the Hat! Super duper cute!!!!