Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Aftermath.....Yikes!

This is the zucchini. All the leaves are holy now! Some of them broke off but
I think all the tomatoes may be toast! But whatever that "weed" is on the right that I was letting grow for the fun of it, well it is just fine. GO FIGURE!
The hail is still hanging out in some places, like here on the trampoline and in the zucchini pot.
Here lies what is left of my poor, poor spinach. The lettuce looks just as sad, but you couldn't tell in the photo. I think the carrots may be ok. Who knows. The peas look somewhat ok too but it is hard to tell if they broke off or not. I may have to just start all over again. Boo HOO! I am still crying.

3 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

how sad! i hope some of the plants survive. i would be crying too after spending all that time on them. bummer!
jody

Terry and Gail said...

I would really struggle if I saw my plants get mutilated like that. We love our growing things... especially growing things that we are intending to eat to help keep us healthy and save money. I am sorry... try try again. I love you. Mom

Kate said...

i am SO sorry! i feel the same way. the entire time, we kept looking at our tomato plants getting beat up!