
Tyce Thomas arrived on October 21, 2010 at 7:28 pm. He was 8 pounds 1 oz. 20 1/4 in.

Loni was happy to be there once again to welcome her first brother into this world. She watched him arrive, get his first bath, and held him shortly after Grandma Felsman.

Ada really is happy to see her brother but wanted him all to herself and to not share with her sister.

Ada holding her brother for the first time! She was really excited but didn't want to stop.

So to tell you a bit about how this came about.....Thursday at about 11 am I had a check up apt and I was dilated to a 3 1/2 so they stripped my membranes. If you know about this it does cause cramping so I expected it. About 5 pm they were getting strong but didn't seem real regular. About 5:50 we got ready to walk the dogs and take the girls to the park but decided after getting to the corner to turn back because I was having the contractions/cramping? almost every minute but for only 20 seconds or so. I called the hospital and the lady suggested that I was being to active and needed to lay down to rest. Drink a liter of fluids and if they should slow down. If they don't then I should come in. So less than 5 minutes later after downing a glass of water I decided we should go in anyway. We got the neighbor to come to stay so we could leave Ada in bed. On our way to the hospital the contractions were definitely contractions and I had to direct my mom to the hospital between contractions. When we arrived at the hospital my mom grabbed a wheelchair so I sat down and sent her back to park the car and get Loni out of it. While sitting there people offered to take me where I needed to go and I let them. On the way to labor and delivery a woman asked if I had called earlier and she was the one I had talked to. She said I was definitely like that earlier. Funny. She walked with me and the man pushing me in the wheelchair up to labor and delivery and they took me right back. Checked me, i was a 8-8 1/2 then about 1-2 minutes later said I was a 9 and that we needed a room right now. So they wheeled me to a labor room and had me scoot over onto another bed, which was easier said than done. I still needed my water broken....how is heavens name could it not have broken yet is beyond me! 7:16 we arrived in that room, water broken, push, push, 7:28 out popped Tyce. Man I am tired. Oh and my mom and Loni arrived in the room right in time to still see him born. I think they were a little worried when they came to push me in the wheelchair and I wasn't there. Afterwards, I got checked into the hospital and signed papers to allow them to deliver my baby. Funny. Well that is about it. I will post more pictures as we take them.
7 comments:
YEAH for pictures!!! I'm still debating on who he looks like. I need more photos to decide. You all look great! (PS I thought of another plus for my c-section...I get to do my hair/makeup so I'll look good for the after pictures.) :)
Love
Jody
ps is rick home now? without a mustache?
jody
Congrats Debi and family! So cute and love the name. I think he resembles Rick. I can't believe that birth story!!! When does Rick get back?
Congrats Rick and Debi!! What a cute little boy!!! Glad you got to the hospital even if it was just minutes to spare!!! :)!! Hope you are feeling well!
Congratulations Bingham Family!
Congrats!! We are so happy for you all.
Congrats Debi!!! He is so sweet!
Post a Comment