
So I painted my upstairs hallway. I am working up to painting the stairwell, but since it is such a high area I haven't done it yet. I will need a ladder that can help me out in some way and I haven't wanted to do it yet. Anyway I think I like this color and will probably carry it into the stairwell. After that is done the orange and yellow will be gone from my house....except for my bedroom, but that is a more calm orange and I will leave it. So anyway a bit of advice from all of you.....the attic access was not painted/stained completely. The guy who did it didn't check all of the sides. Anyway I was thinking of painting it but was unsure what I was supposed to paint it. Do I paint it white to blend with the ceiling or the color of the walls ? Right next to it is the where the air filter goes and it is something awful...not white anymore....so I didn't know if painting both of those white was a good idea or if I was supposed to make them match the walls. Anyway chime in on what you think I should do... Thanks

Orange walls almost gone.

The color really isn't this dark but my hallway is. Plus it was night and there wasn't any sunlight coming in through any of the windows.
4 comments:
Debi-
I'm painting too! I'm doing our basement, but I want to do the kitchen next. I'm still deciding on colors.
I think you should paint the air filter thing white so it doesn't stand out so much. And I really like those orange walls! I would have totally left them : ) But the tan looks really nice.
Good job on the painting!
BTW Ada is absolutely adorable!!! So cute.
i would paint it white, too. the air filter, the access...the ceiling. was that your question?
i like the new paint. you need to invite me over so i can see it in person! :)
It looks good, Debi. I like the color. Orange is a good color just too hyper for me because I am so hyper. You did a good job. I think I would paint it while also... to match the ceiling as much as possible. I mean I never really look up at the ceiling unless I am on the floor doing situps or something. So I never really notice ceilings and that hall doesn't draw one's attention up... so I doubt it really matters. But if someone was to look up they would notice the attic access. So much work. Makes me sore just to think of it. Love, Mom
i keep saying i should paint in our condo but then i read your blog and talk to mom and decide that it probably isn't worth it. i would hate to be sore. :)
jody
Post a Comment