Sunday, April 4, 2010

Back in Guam

Here are a few pics from my first couple of weeks back in Guam. By the time I finish this trip it will almost be a second home. A lot of thanks goes to my lovely wife who allows me to be gone as much as I am. Wish they were here with me.

The blue star fish

A local with his water buffalo.

An old WWII bunker

Doing a little free diving. The water is not crystal clear this day due to bad weather the day prior.



A natural pool with a dive platform. Someone found this sign after we had all jumped in. Not sure it would have deterred us anyway. A big storm must be needed for the water to recycle and filter out the bacteria (or people need to quit peeing in the pool).

3 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

cool pictures! it would be so fun to go diving and swimming so often. except i think i would have gotten out of the water when i saw that sign!!! yuck! :) hope all is going well with you.
jody

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

What's up, Rick?! Looks awfully nice over there. Are you allowed to have visitors?
Just watching conference today. Can you watch it over there? Happy Easter!
Tate

Terry and Gail said...

Well, if you get sick in a couple of weeks you might know the source of your illness... what a beautiful place. That seastar is amazing and if that is crystal clear water... I can't imagine water being much clearer. It is absolutely gorgeous. That mermaid didn't have strategically placed hair. I was kind of embarrassed to look. Loni and I were playing the animal guessing game on the skype today and she made me guess water buffalo. She probably got the idea from your post. You should post more often. You probably think it is boring. But I don't. I love the stuff you put on there and I wish, too, that Debi and the kids could be there with you. It would be an adventure for them. Thanks for sharing. Love, Gail