Wednesday, April 14, 2010

My First Coconut Tree

After about an hour and a half snorkel trip we returned to the beach with an unusual curiosity for the coconut. Throwing objects at the coconuts was not getting them down. This is not a very tall tree so this assent wasn't too bad. There were grooves in the tree to get me half way.


I just knocked the coconut down.

The tree only left a little mark.

After a little bit of work and someone else who knew what he was doing we enjoyed a little bit of coconut juice. It tastes pretty good.

Just a random picture. I wonder what the competition is like to be a weather man on Guam?

5 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

haha That last pic and comment was funny.

Looks like you're having fun there, Spider Man. Good to see another post from you.
Tate

Debi said...

Hey Love......where's your tan? Are you letting me know that you are looking for a new job in Guam? I love the photos. Keep them coming. Love you Debi

Terry and Gail said...

Yeah... I am with Debi, I love when you post something. I think it was at the Polynesian Cultural Center that we saw this guy climb a coconut tree and then come down and break open the cocont- or husk it and then pour out the milk. I think it took him about three minutes to climb up the tree, hack down a coconut, climb down the tree and then husk the coconut. You probably aren't that good yet... but do that three or four times a day and you will probably get better. Unitl you get a calloused belly, you might consider wearing a tee shirt or something to protect your fragile skin... the guy at the Cultural Center did it barefooted and bare chested, too. I like the five day forecast of Guam... probably pretty humid, though. Love, Gail

Juniel Bingham said...

In the second picture I totally thought you climbed the tree in the nude! ...then I saw the next picture. you had me worried there for a minute! :) Hope you're having fun!
~Juniel

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

your chest needs to see the sun more unless you keep climbing trees. then your chest will looked sunburned anyways. :) the weather forecasters job must be as hard as those here in san diego!!