Thursday, March 4, 2010

Just some pictures.

I didn't get any pictures of Loni and Rick at her practice run for her marathon. They have so long to run 26.2 miles and for their last mile later this month they will all run together. Anyway but I did get this pic of Ada walking around at the park. She was loving the swings and slide, which she went down all by herself. She totally loved sitting on the ground and pulling at the weeds/grass/dirt. She didn't want to leave. If only it started to get warmer we could go more often. Note to self.....do that when it gets warmer!
Rick and I have been on a kick to do things at home, fix things, etc. We added some shelves to one of the built ins, we fixed our kitchen faucet, we have been painting, we cleaned out the dryer vent and then decided to get a new one, etc. It has just been one of those months that you start looking at things that have needed to get done and start doing them. Maybe it is because he is leaving soon, maybe he just got an itch to do things like I get. Whatever the reason, I love the shelving, the kitchen faucet working properly, the paint, the dryer vent. Yes, I love the dryer vent. And the girls, they loved the trip to Lowes where they got to sit in the nifty carts and pretend they were driving!
Ada was very delighted with this and we may have to do this more often. Whether we are buying things there or not, I may be one of those people they make trips to stores just to walk around and look. Just so my daughter can drive the "car"ts! They especially loved when Rick would let go and the cart would do a 180. They turned on a dime! It was amazing.

3 comments:

Terry and Gail said...

That one picture of Ada really shows that she has a mouthful of teeth. Jody says that Joss only still has two teeth. Funny how kids develop differently. I love the "car"ts, too. I love how they do things for kids now a days. It really can help the parents, too. It is nice to get little things that have needed to be done for so long done... I think we may be replacint the cement in the front of the house this year- drive way and side walk. I would really love to do a wooden deck out front, but maybe I can talk Terry into getting some decorative cement done- that kind that looks like stones- at least on the part that is not the driveway. I would also love to recarpet the family room in the basement. I would take out all the stuff, remove the carpet, paint and recarpet and then replace the stuff. I would love to replace the formica down there, too. If I used formica it wouldn't be too pricey- if I tried to use granite or something it would cost a ton- but just a nice color formica would be fine. Maybe next year unless Terry does a weird thing and decides to remodel down there. Anyway, I am not going to do anything until I can do it all at once. Loni really loves her little sister...It shows in how she looks at her. You may come to a time, though, where you will have to be able to keep Loni's sacred stuff safe until Ada gets through the "go through your sister's stuff" age. Explain the marathon thing to me... I think Loni was talking about it to me but I don't understand it. Good post- email me to explain things or answer any questions I may have posed here. Love, Mom

Terry and Gail said...

Thanks so much for the pictures, that how we see how fast they grow up. I can send you a picture of my stomach every week and you can see me grow out. Thanks for the pictures. You have a wonderful family and I love them all.

Robin Conner said...

So cute! Ada looks thrilled to be in that cart!