Thursday, January 8, 2009

What do I have to do!?

So I went to my appointment yesterday and I am dilated to a 5. Of course this didn't mean that I got to go to the hospital to have the baby. They did though schedule me to be induced because of it on Friday at 8pm. They did stripe my membranes which I must say was just delightful! Told me to walk, squat, and move around alot. So that is what I have been doing and yes the contractions are coming but I am not sure when I should go in. When I am walking they come often but as soon as I quite moving they slow down. Last night while sleeping it woke me up a few times but obviously my kid just likes being in a warm environment and is refusing to come out! I figure if she comes today great, if not she better be here tomorrow night, otherwise she is getting grounded as soon as she does come! Oh and I lost my mucus plug! Aren't you just so excited to know that! I wouldn't mind if my water would break because then I would know that it was time to go to the hospital!

5 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

yeah!!! at least something is happening now. i wish i was having mine now too. i still have a month. yuck!!!
good luck.
jody

Pam said...

exciting! saying a prayer for you that she'll decide to make her debut tonight.

Melissa said...

That is great news! My friend was a 5-6 cm and not having contractions but they had her go right into the hospital that day since she was progressing so much. Good luck and we will be thinking of you and can't wait to see pics of her!

Robin Conner said...

I can't believe you are a 5! And still not in labor! Your body gets ready, opens up, and then BAM!!!! She'll probably come flying out when it's finally time! I can't believe that! 5??? Holy cow! You're already half way done with your labor before it even started! Wow, good luck. The late night induction bites, but hopefully you'll go before that. We're praying for ya!

Bonnie said...

K maybe I am lame but I have 2 kids and am clueless to what a "mucus plug" is?? Best wishes Debi - getsome good sleep