1 day ago
Sunday, January 11, 2009
The answer.........
So the answer to my question of what do I have to do....to have the baby. Well since my mom got here we were walking quite a bit to get things started. That helped of course since I was dialated to a 5 on Wednesday. But they wouldn't let me go to the hospital yet. So we went and walked as much as we could to see if we could get my contractions to be regular, but they weren't. So Thursday we decided since I was supposed to go in on Friday night to have Ada that we would just stop and relax and quite trying to go in earlier. That was at about 3 pm on Thursday. So we came home from our walking at the mall and we started making dinner and just not worrying about whether I was having contractions and how close they were. I almost finished a bag of chocolate covered strawberries that were tasty. I kept having contractions but again I wasn't paying attention to how close they were, but my mom and I both noticed they were coming pretty regular and a little harder than before. I still wasn't worrying about it though. Then starting about 5:30ish I started needing to go to the bathroom, #2, and went 3 times in about an hour and it felt like contractions. So we ate dinner. Then I decided that I would call the hospital and see what they said about what was going on. First off they asked why I was sent home when I was dialated to a 5! I wondered that as well. Anyway they told me to come in and get checked so we all got ready and loaded into the car. We drove to Portsmouth Hospital and arrived at about 7:30pm. The whole time having contractions about 5 minutes apart. They took me back and checked me out.....I was dialated to a 7 so I would be staying ! Yeah!!! So the answer of course is to just relax and quite worrying about whether I was in labor and how close those stinking contractions were. The walking probably helped as well, but I think just not stressing about when I was going to start was the most helpful. So all you pregnant women out there......don't stress! Easier said than done, I know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congrats!! Ada is beautiful. We hope you are feeling well and sleeping a lot!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Your story is too familiar. I was also dilated to a 5, on my FOURTH baby, and they sent me 45 minutes home because they were low on nursing staff. WHATEVER! I guess is was more convenient for them at a later date!
Post a Comment