I realized I had not posted pictures of my "Store." I rent a space in a store called "3 Little Black Birds." It is full of crafters/artists who make, repurpose, or whatever and sell them in one big house! It is fun. I got my first check and it was really kind of cool to make money from selling things I have made. I have made things all my life, but I always give them away. I love being able to do that too, but who doesn't like making money from something! :) Anyway here are before pictures of my area. The area you rent you are allowed to paint and make beautiful however you choose. I went today to do that. It only took me 6 hours! Yikes! Kind of a long time, but now I think it is how I want it to be and only a few little tweaks here and there will be needed. So the walls are brown. Dark brown. The closet is dark and dirty. There isn't a light in the closet. So....scroll several photos down to see the results. I have no idea how the photos are not in order.
My cute little wicker chair sold. I miss it. I will have to find another:)
Ada on Dance Recital night. Isn't she beautiful! Her rose matched her dress.
Loni and Ada after the recital.
Pretty girls.......in flip flops. HAHA!
So since the passing of Cali and Coby, Laci is missing a dog friend. She needs someone to play like a dog with. So Rick and I searched the internet for a dog to adopt. We checked the pounds and craigslist. We almost got a dog from craigslist, but someone else got it first. So the next day we went to a pound. I say pound cuz it is easier than, Virginia Beach Animal Adoption Center. What a mouthful. We looked at a couple dogs there and almost got one, but I needed some paperwork before they would put a hold on her. They had a few dogs at Petsmart so we decided to go look there as well. And there we saw Winter. This cutie. We walked her with Laci and Laci behaved better with her than the other dogs we had looked at. Winter is a very pretty girl and very nice. She is young and healthy. I said we wanted to adopt her and the helpers there had me sign a few papers. Pay. And that was all they needed. So much easier than the pound. Weird since they were from that pound. She wasn't spayed yet so we couldn't take her home, but we pick her up Wednesday.
They named her Winter because their was also a Summer and they said she liked winter toys. See Santa.
Now back to my "store." I removed the wall border, sort of. I got a little tired and decided to just paint up to the border. I had plans to put a different border up anyway.
I painted the dark closet yellow. If you can tell the yellow blends into white. I didn't plan that, it sort of just happened.
I put up a border with ribbon. The color doesn't look correct in the pictures. Much better in person.
All done! I put all my stuff back where it needed to go.
I got a lot done and I hope it helps sell some of the things I have made. I like to go in and move things around every week. (Since I can't move stuff around in my house very well anymore!)
2 days ago






2 comments:
I think you did an excellent job on the store site. I will really want to go see it when I am there. I like the bright yellow... it is cheerful and light so it make a nice addition especially if you leave the door open. The girls look lovely on their dance recital night. I love the flip flops and that particular rose on the plant smells so good. Thanks for the update... well done. Love, Mom
super cool! wishing you lots of good luck (and sales!) the girls look great in their outfits. hope they had a great time at their recital. winter is a cool name and i hope she's a good addition to your family.
love,
jody
Post a Comment