No I am not talking about working out, I am talking about this beast of a built in in our house. It is really nice and I have enjoyed the immense space in which to hide things in the drawers. I don’t so much need all the hanging area, because let’s face it. i am cheap. I don’t buy new clothes. My wardrobe consists of many hand me downs from my sister and sister-in-law. I enjoy these freebies and I can’t complain. But because this is a beast of a built in you can’t fit a bed. The previous occupant of our house used this room strictly to house her immense wardrobe. She always looked very nice and I recently found some of her hair in the bathroom. Not in the drain but behind the drawer, it was fake! Anywho, Rick and I were talking about taking the beast down to make more room and I decided to tackle the chore, all by myself! It must be that I miss Rick and want to prove to myself that I can do things without him while he is away. But I really should have waited for him to do this little project. The sides were easy but then came the drawers. They aren’t so sturdy when not attached to their friends on the side and they weigh a ton! I had some difficulty but managed to take the whole thing down. And I must say I am pleased with myself for doing the whole thing, but my back will not like my tonight nor tomorrow. say hello to some muscle relaxers!
The finished project, or shall I say the beginning of a project. Next stop, Lowes to buy some paint and baseboards to match our current ones. I hope that isn’t too difficult. I will show you when all done, but I am not promising that will be tomorrow or next week. I am bushed! So now some other pics of Ada. She had a boo boo today with a book running into her lip. It is a bit bloody but it already nothing she minds. That is not blood on her lip, it is food yet to be washed off. Her top lip is where she hit it, you can see the flap of skin and it is a bit swollen.

4 comments:
She is so darling... that is definitely an up close and personal picture of her wounded lip. And you are a good hard worker when you get started...but the jobs you take on are so tough that no wonder sometimes you delay... I know I delay big projects that are going to hurt me. That is why lots of big projects don't get done here. Love you, Mom
Way to go ther Miss Independent!!! :)
Dang girl! You should've called me to help you! Rick will be surprised! I do stuff like that too when Darren is gone! Ada is so cute! Hope her lip gets better!
you amaze me at the things you will do yourself. i would never attempt such a thing.
Post a Comment