I forgot my camera but Loni's friends mom was kind enough to take some of her and email them to me. They got to hit a pinata. I think the kids only got to hit it once but oh well. They had fun doing it!
Loni earned a few ribbons from her teacher. One for 2nd place for reading AR books and the other for her number scroll. She earned first place for that. She wrote well into 7,000 and the next person was only in the 5,000. Way to go Loni!
Her teacher was Mrs. Plemmons. She found out she would be retiring a few weeks before school got out. She was given the choice to go to 4th grade or retire so she chose the later. Loni really ended up enjoying her as a teacher.
Loni swinging at the pinata.P.S. I also had my 30th birthday. I just want to thank those who called me and wished me a Happy Birthday. Birthdays aren't so special when you get older but it is nice to have people remember me. Also thanks Robin for your late night visit to bring me a cake, I am working on finishing it all before Monday! And Chelsea for the cookies and ice cream. I almost have those finished as well. I need my vacation to quite eating so many treats!

1 comment:
Thanks for the pictures, Debi. It made me cry to think that Loni is going to be in second grade and that I missed her getting her awards- she is so darling and I just love her and am so proud of her. I miss you guys so much already and you are going to be here on Monday. Loni looks so excited on that last picture when she is getting her award. Now I can't wait for the post that shows her dance recital. I bet she was darling. I hope you got to video tape the dress rehearsal. Love, Mom
Post a Comment