I signed up to do a Ragnar relay about 5 months ago. I have on and off trained since then, had a surgery that almost messed it up, but got it done. Rick signed up to be on the team about a month before as well.
Melanie our cheerleader and awesome van owner!
The other van with our other teammates.
Camille, work it, work it, you got it girl! She said that to a bunch of the runners. It still cracks me up!
Before you started the race we made a pit stop to the temple. It was a pretty nice day.
While I was away the young women got to play on the giant scrabble board I made. Looks like I need to have another game day to teach them how to make longer words. :)
Heather and Rick. Heather was the only one in the van I didn't know, but she is awesome. She was way fun, not shy and fit right in with all us clowns.
Heather handing off the wrist band to me as I start my first leg of my race.
Some more.....minus 2 from our team. Back: Luz, Melanie, Kelli, Liz Middle: Sherrie :)
Front: Robin, Me, Rick, Camille and Heather
Kelli was also in our van. She is also my hairdresser and was my daughters voice and piano teacher. Many talents!
Our team, District 12, coming into the finish line.
They had a big sign you could sign. So I did. Right in the G.
Our team at the finish line!
Rick and I at the end of my last leg. I was a little sweaty, but not too bad. About 30 minutes later, I couldn't walk very well, extremely stiff, and I even fell asleep. Definitely fun, good experience, and it is now checked off a bucket list I have never written. I got some good compression socks to run in it and so did Rick. Don't you love them! We are definitely some stylish runners. Now retired.
1 day ago










2 comments:
I am glad you guys were able to do the race even though I was a little worried about you the whole time. It is definitely an experience you won't easily forget. The kids were really good for me while you were gone. I am grateful I was able to facilitate that for you guys. Love, Mom
not sure if you've inspired me to ever do one of these crazy ragnars but i'm glad you did it! fun that rick got to join you.
jody
Post a Comment