Saturday, August 4, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

 I normally don't put anything about Rick and my anniversary.  I am not very sentimental and usually don't have a picture to post about it.....since we rarely are together on the occasion.  This year is really no different.  But I figured I should post if anything for years later when I want to know what I did on the day, or on rare occasions, what we did.  So here it is......Tyce, Ada and I went shopping.  We got Loni some shoes, then because there were some good deals on shoes for Tyce and Ada I got them each a pair.  See Tyces above.  We also went to get Loni a backpack and ended up with one for Ada too.  We also got Tyce a skateboard to go with his skater style shoes.:) I was tired of squeezing his chubby feet into his skinny shoes at home.  Ada got a little doll (see below.)
 Notice Ada's chocolate ring.  We also went to the Royal Chocolate because Rick got me a gift card for the anniversary.  We got a frozen hot chocolate to share and several other delicious things, yet to be eaten.  We also went to Best Buy to maybe get me an iPhone but left empty handed again.  I think I will wait for the iPhone 5 that comes out in September.  What do you think?  Anywho......that is how I have spent my anniversary.  I will also watch 2 movies, one romantic and one scifi.  I know weird, but that is the way I am.
 Here we are.  We have been married 12 years!  We have lived in 3 states, 6 different homes, survived a few deployments, had about 6 or so dogs, 4 or so cats, an iguana, 2 birds, some fish, a whole bunch of dairy cattle, several hairstyles, fashion styles, about 8 vehicles, and the piece de resistance.......3 really cute kids.  I know there are several other important parts of our marriage.  Things that have made us the couple we are today.  I think we have done pretty well.  We are still married, that is saying a lot.  With the way the world is and the trials that are out there we have overcome ours and are better for it.  We keep on moving and working towards Eternity.  That is all any of us can do.  I feel blessed to have Rick in my life and blessed that he and I have 3 smart, semi-sweet, and very cute kids.  That is a lot more than a lot of people have.  I know that.  So way to go!  We survived the last 12 years and I hope we survive the next 50plus.  Anything after that I may not remember anyway.  We will be old.  I may not want to remember having to change your diapers, Rick.  :)
I love you Rick and thanks for the 12 years.  (Even though some of that time you haven't been with me......your pillow has.)
 Our kids.  See cute.  Growing up.  Glad we have small children, if feels like it takes a bit longer for them to grow up compared to those tall peoples children.
Couldn't leave without posting a pic of Loni by herself.  This kid is a hardworker.  She does have her moments but the others far outweigh them.  She is kind and loves her Heavenly Father.  She came that way.  My mom agrees.  :)  She showed up 2 years and 1 day after we got married....that day is tomorrow.  So Happy Birthday Loners!  We love you and all that you are.  You are beautiful.  You are 10!  Where did all that time go?  I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and are ready to be a 5th grader!  Next year, on to middle school!  Yikes!  You are the best first child I have.  Hehe.  Can't wait to have you home.  Love you and Happy Birthday!  From your mom, dad, and sister and brother.

1 comment:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

hard to believe its been 12 years since that storm rolled in! crazy! bummer rick's not with you but it looks like you have a couple of great kids that stood in for him today. i would have gone with you to royal chocolate too. i don't know what it is or where it is but anything with the word "chocolate" in it has to be a great place!
i love tyce's little skateboard! and i can't believe loners is going to be 10 years old...kind of like i'm in shock that michaela is going to be 16. where has the time gone?
love you and happy anniversary,
jody