Thursday, May 10, 2012

Oh what fun....

Ada has been doing preschool.  She likes it pretty well.  She will sing her ABC's now and is becoming a little more outgoing.  I don't know if it is just time for her to be more outgoing or if the learning is affecting her shyness?  We can hope, right.  Anyway I made these paper-mache bowls and then Ada painted them.  They are her sorting bowls.  She can sort the animals by color, count with them, etc.  Aren't they pretty?
 Here is our storage door before.  If you can see the dark brown rectangle pieces had been chewed on by Coby.  Nice.  There is a small rusted out hole at the bottom too.  It isn't the pertiest :) door.  Anyway I didn't do the best job....I think a new door would be the next step, but for now this will do......
I sanded it as well as I could, or took the time for.  I filled in the holes left from the screws that held the chewed on rectangles, primed and painted it.  I think it looks pretty good now.  I still have to paint the door frame which will be the dark brown.  I think it will pop a little more and look a little neater.  
Tyce is a bum.  He for some reason likes to put his food in his hair.  He thinks this is funny.  I still love him.

3 comments:

Terry and Gail said...

I love the school bowls. They are really pretty and I love that she likes her schooling and she will be pretty social once she figures out how to communicate and say what she wants to say. The door looks very good. Nice job, Debi. It is funny how such a little thing can make such a difference and improvement. Try to get Tyce to put the yogurt on his face... it is a good facial. If you put oatmeal in it it would be an extra good facial. It is all good for the hair, too. He is a natural beauty maker. I love his scrunchey up face... he thinks you think he is the cutest things on two legs. And Rick should give him a bath to get ahead for when he is gone for several months. No slacking daddy when he is available. Love, Mom

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

I think you did a great job on the door. I loved hearing Rick in the background: "No." haha But I'm wondering, which of you ended up giving Tyce the bath??? ;)
Tate

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

i like the bowls! pretty! good job with preschool. i've been slacking over here. need to do better. the door looks good. i'm impressed with your skills. :)
tyce is so cute in the video. love the smile/scrunchy face and his wave and saying "daddy." does he say lots of words?