We went to Kirtland, OH on our Youth Conference this year. We stayed at the Johnson Farm in tents. It was really quite a nice camp area. The toilets and showers weren't excellent, but I was happy that they flushed and actually were available! There were about 100 people.
Our first speaker was this cute old man. I expected him to be a little bit boring, but he wasn't at all. I believe he is the mission president Br. Anderson, but I could be wrong.
Messing with my camera. I like black and white photos. This was Br. Anderson's book on the bench.
Someone else messing with my camera.
The pretty sun rays coming out of the sky. It was a pretty evening to....
Watch leaders and kids mess around. Well at least this leader and this kid:)
Aren't they funny!?
Sis. Jenn Strickland. She is awesome. I didn't get to spend much time with her though. Bummer.
Playing games.
Taking a breather. We were all tired.
See. Leaders always find the most comfy ways to get some shut eye.
Our Stake presidency, youth leader, and Stake Young Mens leader
The church by Johnsons farm.
The back of Johnsons farm.
An original door fixture that Joseph Smith actually would have touched. The Sister who was our guide told us we could all touch it as we walked by. So of course we all did. I took a picture too.
The Johnson Farm. This was the place that Joseph and Emma lived when he was pulled out during the night and tarred and feathered by a mob.
Our ride. Mr. Russ drove the Bus. The kids may have converted him.
A painting by a previous missionary that lived on Morley Farm. Only Joseph is actually accurate, the others are other missionaries that were serving when the artist was there, so I was told. She wasn't totally positive of all the facts.
Kirtland Temple.
Sunshine, Bishop Bussey, and Aaron.
The Bishop and Me.
Painting of the building of the temple in the visitors center.
The ashery.
Whitney store.
Shoes at the Whitney store. They were cool.
Our sister missionary guides. We were in the School of the Prophets room in the Whitney store. It was a cool room.
Bed. Maybe where Joseph and Emma would have stayed. I can't remember now. Lots of pictures of beds:)
Whitneys home.
Scriptures. Can't remember if these were Josephs, but I think they were.
Another place. Don't remember what. I have crap for memory! I just liked the shape of it. I wonder why it looks like that?
2 days ago










2 comments:
It is a very cool place. I can't remember the name of that building either but lots of buildings had that odd front in those days... think of saloons in the wild west. I think lots of them would have the names up there. Didn't you think the beds and stairs were tiny. Most of the people were way smaller back then. Great pictures and it looks like you had some good times. I wish we could do some of that here. Love, Mom
I think your black and white picture of the book on the bench would make a good framed picture and also the one of the old door handle with the bright blue background. Just a thought for decorating or selling at your store. Make old looking frames. Love, Mom
Post a Comment