Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Ada's zoo trip and more crafts

 Ada's preschool class had a trip to the zoo.  Tyce was crazy but I survived.  My favorite part is when he is in a cage.  :)
 Her teacher was taking pictures and Tyce was sure being quite the monkey.

 Looking out.  She is almost tall enough to get a really good picture.
 I love peacocks.  At least the pretty boys.  Strutting their stuff.
 I painted my piano bench.  Loni likes green so I did it green and white to make it not so overpowering.  I am not done.....in fact I will have to do some touch ups because Laci already chewed on a corner or two.  I plan to distress it some so I guess no big deal!  I was going to paint the piano soon but I have decided to put that off till she quits chewing.  I really don't want to have to get mad at her.  :)
 One day I came outside to find Tyce climbing the trampoline poles.  He climbs right up there and then slides down like it is no big deal.  Show off!
 I had a baby shower to go to and I didn't have anything to give so I figured I would make something. I used old fence wood and cut it to size and nailed them together.  Painted a clothesline clip and glued that on.  Stained it all pretty and hung a picture on it.  She can leave the saying on there or change out for pictures of her baby.  She can also hang any art work he may draw when he is older.  Fun!
 Here it is without the picture.
 I got this "beautiful" picture at the thrift store for $3.74!  (On the back the picture was originally $129.99 probably several years ago.)  It is a large frame so I definitely had to get it.  Wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with it, paint it, figure out something else to put into it.
 This is what I got.  I removed the picture and put in some chicken wire.  I was going to paint it but once I removed the "beautiful" painting it looked a lot better and I figured why mess with it. (I keep saying "beautiful" because everyone was saying how pretty it was and I was going to rip the picture out.  I just thought it was funny.)
 So in case you aren't sure why I would put chicken wire in a frame, this is why.  You use clips and clip photos, art work, or whatever you want to it.  Loni said I needed to paint the clips, but I may glue some pretty paper to them.  Haven't decided for sure.
Ada wanted to take a picture next to it since it is all her artwork and photos.  Cute girl.

1 comment:

Terry and Gail said...

Okay, I will admit I missed the purpose of your chicken wired frame... but I totally get it now and it is a great idea and I didn't realize how big it is. Great pictures of your in resident monkey climbing the pole... I always knew he is really coordinated. The pictures of Ada are of course lovely... she is so pretty. I like that she randomly volunteers to be in the pictures. Good post, Debi. I love you guys.