Ada had her parent week this week too. Her and her class huddled in a little circle and gave each other big hugs. It was really cute. They were so excited!
Ada getting ready for her dance. She had the best smile during her dance. She was a little iffy on the dance at times and had to look at her teacher and friends for a little reminder, but I am sure she will know it on the day of the recital so she can just smile and dance and do an awesome job!
I was planning on building an easel with the pallets, but then I saw this one on craigslist. I thought it was cool and old and would be another fun project to work on. It was made in the 60's and has the date stamped on the back of it. I saw some similar ones on ebay selling for about $600. Rick told me I should sell it and make some money, but I really wanted an easel that was cool and usable. Every artist needs one, right?!Anyway pretty old and dirty, but with a little effort......
It now looks like this! I still need another coat of white but I wanted to put it back together before I forgot how to do it and because I wanted to see what it looks like.
It looks pretty awesome to me and I am ready to use it to make some beautiful art. Well some art. It may not always be beautiful, but it is always mine. :)
It does have a minor issue that I hope to find someone who can fix it for cheap or free. The top has a split, if you look close I am sure you can see the lighter colored wood peeking through. The top is several pieces of wood all hooked together and it just separated. I thought I would just glue it, but the last owner told me what he would do, so I will consult with someone who knows more and see what they say. It is still usable even if it isn't fixed.







1 comment:
Really cool easel. I know it can be fixed... there are people who work in wood who really know how to fix wood things but it might require some sanding so in the future you may need to restain it. Boy... they sure picked some pretty ballerina costumes this year at their dance studio. Ada looks gorgeous in her dress, too. Very cute. Tyce looks cute with pallets.... Love, Mom
Post a Comment