Thursday, April 24, 2014

Holy Post, Batman!

 This will be a post with lots of pictures and maybe some commentary.  I don't always have much to say.  We shall see.  We have had lots happen, but I don't always remember what so we will see what I remember.  Coby and Cali are doing well.  Cali is 14 and really slow, I took her to the vet the other day because she wouldn't get up and didn't walk around at all and didn't eat.  I was a bit worried, but we got her on some pain stuff that must be really good because she started walking the next day.  I have to be better about taking her on her walks to keep her active so her legs don't stiffen up like that again!  So I was changing Tyce's diaper and I put his pants off to the side and it just happened that Coby was sitting there.  He just let me set Tyce's pants on his head and then sat there with them for quite awhile.  Funny dog.
 He looks kind of alien-ish don't ya think?  The kids thought it was pretty funny so instead of waiting to see how long he would allow the pants on his head, Tyce took them off and.....
 We put them on his head instead.  He thought it was pretty fun and cool and wanted a picture.  Then of course Ada wanted to put them on her head, but he wouldn't let her have his pants so....
 She got out a pair of her own.  She thought she was pretty funny.  Like we have never seen pants on heads before.  I personally enjoy undies on heads more.  :)
 I have been letting Coby sleep in our beds since we found out he has cancer.  He has taken full advantage and sleeps with someone every night.  Rick wanted him to sleep in something on our bed so I put one of his dog beds on our bed.  He is pretty good about sleeping in it.  Auggie chooses to sleep in it sometimes too.  Coby was trying to sit in it, but it wasn't quite comfortable for him so....
 He squeezed out Auggie altogether and took his rightful place on the bed.  Auggie retreating to some other place where a nosy Boston isn't taking his spot.  Auggie lives in our room most days.  He only comes out to potty or eat.  When it is warm he hangs out outside a lot.
 Ada wanted a picture taken where Auggie was hugging her.
 I have found a new craft/hobby.  I find old wood, fences, and eventually pallets, and I have been making stuff.  I am hoping that I will sell some and maybe make some money on one of my crafts.  The nice thing is is that I am getting outside with Tyce and we get to use some tools which he loves.  As long as the weather is nice.  They seem to be few and far between lately.
 These I made from a neighbors old fence.  Rick helped me take it apart and then I put it back together.  I sand it, paint it, and then eventually I will put some words on them.
 Here they are painted.  I am liking the bright colors.
 Another prayer picture.  Well not quite.  We were all in the room about to say prayers.  Kids did a Daddy pyramid.
 Spring Break......was a pretty good week.  We went to the beach on the Saturday after school got out.  It seemed to be the only day that would be warm enough other than the day we planned to go to Busch Gardens.  I hate lines.  They had a line to get tickets, then a line to get in the park, then a line to measure your kids so you knew which rides they could go on(which was a good plan for us), then of course a line for all the rides and food.  Eventually we seemed to get used to all the lines and an hour wait didn't seem like that big of a deal.  The first ride was a kiddie roller coaster which was actually pretty decent, but only lasted 40 seconds.
 Tyce couldn't go on too much but they had enough of things he would like.
 Loni could ride on everything they rode on pretty much.  She is so small.
 Tyce and Ada rode the mini bumper cars and Loni got to ride in the bigger ones.  That is about the only thing they separated on until Tyce wanted to ride the roller coaster again, then Ada, Loni and I went to a big kid DarKastle ride.
 Sitting eating our overpriced meal, that Tyce spilled the $3.50 drink before we had any of it.
 Ada happy as can be.
 Another craft project I have taken up.  Getting old windows and decorating them.  This is my first and only so far.  I will probably add more to it, but I haven't decided what yet.
 On Thursday of Spring Break we went to D.C. and went to the temple.  Rick and I swapped turns.  Kids and I hung out on the grounds, visitors center, and park down the street.  Rick took them to eat.
 Trying to get some pictures, but the boy wouldn't always cooperate.
 Happy at the park.
 The park had a walking path and it was a pretty decent day.

 The drive.  The drive is always dreaded.  The drive up wasn't too bad because we left really early.  The drive home took about 4 1/2 hours or so.  We went straight to see a puppy.......
 That we brought home with us.
 Her name is Laci and she is a doberman pinscher.  She is really cute and pretty nice.  Coby plays well with her and Cali of course tolerates her.  She rather not be bothered.  Poor old girl.
 On Friday we took the kids to a bounce house for a few hours.  They had a lot of fun.  Got some energy out after being in the car the night before.
 Laci has been a good sleeping buddy for all the kids.  They all slept with her the first night and then Loni has been sleeping with her the rest, except for one night I had her.
 Tyce fell asleep the other day like this on the couch.  I love funny sleeping pics.
 Laci also finds funny places to sleep.  This basket holds shoes and I covered it with a towel so she wouldn't chew on the shoes or the basket.  She decided that it was a good bed instead.  She still kept chewing on it so now it is put away.  I love puppies but I don't love their chewing and potty accidents.  Hopefully she learns quickly.  Hopes.  Dreams.  Probably shattered.  Oh well.
 So in the picture above where I was cutting the wood, this is what I was cutting.  It was an old bookcase thing and I cut it up into pieces like this.  I painted, stained, and wrote on them with paint markers.  This says, "Ada Claire Be your own kind of Beautiful"
 Tyce's says, "In a world where you Tyce Thomas can be anything Be yourself."
Loni's says," Loni Jordan Be the change you wish to see in this world -Ghandi"  Loni was like what is Ghandi.  :)  I guess I didn't have to give credit, but I thought I should.  I still plan to sand these a bit to make them a little worn looking.  I am digging the old and worn look lately.  They are pretty as is too, but I am going to try what I planned.  The fun thing is, these are one of a kind things.  No one will ever have anything like this.  I also only have one more that I wrote, "Believe there is Good in this world,"  They letters are written in different colors so it also says "Be the Good."  I may keep it, I may sell it.  It will be hard to decide.  Love them though.

2 comments:

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

once again, love all of your wood projects. i wish i could find some wood like that. i love a fun project. :) looks like spring break was lots of fun. good to keep busy and make some memories. hope all of the doggies are doing well. so who named laci? did you get that breed for a reason or did she just happened to be what you got?
jody

Terry and Gail said...

Yes... I love your wood projects, too. they are beautiful and rustic chic as they say on HGTV... I love the character shots... especially the one with Tyce sleeping on the couch. Those shots defy gravity. Coby with clothes on his head and then setting a style trend in your house is hilarious. Love the daddy pyramid picture, too. I am glad that you had a good vacation week. Lots of memories are built during those times. I love you, Debi. Thanks for the post.