Friday, February 14, 2014

Playing catch up finally!

 Ada got this giant doll for Christmas.  Tyce was playing with her one day before church.  At first he was just trying to get her to stand up all by herself....
 Ta-da!  He managed to do it.  He was so funny.
 Testing out how long she can be on her own to climb over the couch and whatever boys do.
 Then instead of karate chopping her or something else my brother would have done, he decided to dance with her.  It was really cute.
 Ada was the first to get sick.  She wasn't happy and she was really HOT!I thought I would take a picture like a real mom.
 The first snow week we had, Loni and Ada built this snowman on top of the kid table.  She/He has button eyes, carrot noes, and rocks for feet and buttons.
 Coby.  Coby had a growth on his side and we got it removed last month.  I decided to let them biopsy and test it and it came back not so good.  He had a stage 3 skin cancer.  Well we went to a specialist and he said he has about 4 months left average doing nothing.  If we opt for Chemo he has about 8-12 months average left!  Well that wasn't what I wanted to hear.  So we aren't doing chemo but we are spoiling this dog rotten.  He is now allowed to sleep on the couch and the last week I have been letting him sleep wherever he wants at night.  Which has been in my bed.  Rick may not be happy, but I guess if I don't have much time left with this darn dog, we are going to make the most of it and spend as much  time with him as possible.
 Since all the snow, the dogs have started to eat their meals indoors.

 This is my neighbors dog who passed away recently.  She posted this photo and I nabbed it to make a present for her.  Pictures aren't in order so you will see it later below.
 Fun with clay.  I got it in my head to do a project for 4 families.  I am making a nativity set, 12 pieces total, for them each for the year.  I give one piece a month, like a club.  The kids will deliver one piece to the family each month in secret.  I hope it will be a fun thing for us to do together.  I hope none of them see my blog.  Credit the idea to thenshemade.blogspot.com
 Bath time.  It is either good or bad.  This was one of the good bath days.  Ada hiding.
 Tyce hiding with Ada. They were giggling away.
 More spoiling Coby shots.  He actually wasn't very happy this day because he has just got his surgery and was still unhappy.
 Ada had fun despite his grumpy mood.
 I decided to peek in too.
 Tyce was sick as well.  He wasn't feeling well and said he was cold.  He left his coat on and then I put a blanket on him.  I think he feel asleep for awhile.
 Snow day.  Virginia Beach is not Virginia Beach lately.  Snowy, cold, and then some more snow.  I am not really liking it anymore.
 The snow was blowing and since I have a doggy door in, there is a crack that lets air and apparently the snow come in.  At least only a tiny bit.
 The doggy path before I shoveled it.  If you can see the edge of the trampoline you can see how much was on there.  I also cleared that off so that it wouldn't take forever to melt off.  Plus the dogs go potty under there and I have to clean that up and don't want it dripping on my head.
 Tyce likes to kiss and hug and now hold hands.  If I am sitting next to him he always reaches over and grabs my hand.  He holds it with all his fingers intertwined with mine.  If he isn't doing that he puts his hand and arm behind my back.  I guess you don't have to teach boys how to be affectionate.
 Here is the painting I did for my neighbor.  I drew it out a bit first and then started painting.  It was fun to do some painting.  I haven't done it for a long while.  It a month or so I am going to do some with my Young Women, but I have to try to figure out if we should all paint the same thing or just let them paint whatever they want.
 The finished product.  I am never really happy with a painting and definitely not happy with a photo of one.  It turned out fairly well since I haven't done any for a while.  She was really happy and that was what counted.
 Ada's Valentines.  She put them all together except for the staple, and signed her name.  She did a great job and even had Tyce help her.
Another Coby picture.  Chilling on my bed.  He wore a sweater for awhile because it was so cold here and there was SNOW.  Ada had me take it off him today.  She said it is warm and he doesn't need it.

3 comments:

Terry and Gail said...

Great job on the dog picture, it looks just like a real picture. Can Coby send whatever he has to our dog? He is getting old and fat and he will not live a long time either. Looks like you guys got a lot of snow. We need more snow or we will have a rough year this summer. We love you Debi and family. Dad

Terry and Gail said...

Good post, Debi. Tyce is hailarious to dance with the doll he got to stand up... really crazy and cute. So sorry about Coby and Katie's dog. Coby's last days will be his best. Can you even believe he has cancer? Crazy. Wow! You guys didn't get just a little snow you got a lot of snow. Cute Valentines from Ada, Debi. Good idea. I do love your picture for Katie. Well done, Debi. Love, Mom

Tate, Jody, Jocelyn, and Tyler said...

Silly Tyce with the doll and our bath times are probably pretty similar to yours. I only get mad when they get water everywhere (of course its whenever i leave for two seconds!) sorry about all of the snow. love your painting - mom showed it to me when she was here. we of course love ada's valentines! olaf is one of our favorites. well, we love the whole movie and all of the characters.
i'm so sorry to hear about coby. looks like you are all giving him the royal treatment. i imagine when you get to heaven one day, there will be a big pack of doggies waiting for you. :) i hope he is doing well and is comfortable over the next few months. we're praying for you. love you,
jody