Sunday, September 1, 2013

The second to the last day in the West

The day before we flew out of Utah to head home to Virginia we spent the day going to Temple Square.  We saw the Joseph Smith movie and we toured the old home of Brigham Young.  It was really pretty.  We also got a few rolls from the Lion House, which I think I ate most of.  Those sound really good right now.  I saved a few and ate them on the plane the next day.  We also went to dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Bingham and Rick's cousin Rob.  The flights home were not too bad.  The kids slept quite a bit.  I had Rick to help keep track of them which is so much nicer than by myself.  We arrived home safely to a smelly house.  What do you expect when only animals are living there.  Haha! Well, the smell wasn't from them, it was from some rotten potatoes we didn't get rid of before we left.  The smell is still in the cupboard.  YUCK!  I stayed up late cleaning out the cupboard.  I cleaned the house the next day, sort of.  We flew home on a Tuesday,Saturday, I had a stomach ache.  I was ok till about 5 pm and I started to get nauseous, chills, and dizzy along with the stomach ache that wouldn't go away.  I decided at 6 to go to the ER which my nice neighbor Karen drove me to. After over an hour and I hadn't really been seen, I sent her home.  She was so nice and was going to stay to drive me home.  By 11 pm I went back for a CT scan and by 12, I was diagnosed with appendicitis.  I would be having surgery on Sunday.  No church for me!  I had my first ambulance ride and first "Real" surgery on Sunday.  I went home on Monday with some pain pills.  They made me throw up.  :)  3 cute scars on my belly.  Also instructions not to run for a MONTH!  Remember I am running in a Ragnar relay in October.  Anyway I am all healed up now, 3 weeks later, and the Dr said that I can do slow jogs.  So begins my count down to my first Relay race that will be in Cumberland, Maryland to Washington, D.C.  OH what fun I am going to have!  I hope.

3 comments:

Terry and Gail said...

So much happening in such a little time... it can be overwhelming. I am glad you healed so well and that you knew to go to the doctor. The race needs to be a month later. But so life goes. Love, Mom

Terry and Gail said...

The temple picture was a ghreat picture of Tyce. Good job. Dad

Bonnie said...

so i havent logged on here in ages and you my good cousin, still keep an amazing blog :)