
So as usual I have fallen behind on everything, but I am finally trying to catch up. Loni had her kindergarten graduation. It was so cute. They sang a bunch of songs then walked across the stage one by one to get their diplomas. As they got to the middle of the stage they were supposed to stop and wave and pose for a picture from their parents. Many kids did just that, some were shy and wouldn't stop walking, some bowed and put on a good show. Everyone has such different personalities it is great. It you can't see Loni in this picture she is in the front row far left. The teeny blonde girl. Loni loved her teacher and had a lot of fun. She mostly enjoyed everything but told me she didn't like homework. Who does?? So next on my blog agenda......my best friend Erin Oliver came to visit us for a week. We had great plans to have fun, but then I became pregnant and with

that I also got nausea, stomache aches, gas, you name it I will do it while I am pregnant. Isn't is a blast?! So the first day when she got here we just hung out and talked which I can handle lately, then church was the next day and that takes up most of the day. Monday came and we went kayaking....see pictures. We were the only ones on the tour with the guide. Loni at first kept saying,"This is boring, I am bored, can we go faster?" Until Erin traded the poor pregnant lady who never kayaked before and then she had fun. See Loni had to share a kayak and at first it was with me then Erin graciously traded me. Thank you, thank you, thank you! It was a lot of work to row those kayaks around. We had sore bums, arms, backs, legs. You name it, it hurt. We took a very relaxing tour since we did have a 5 year old and who wants to tip a kayak with a kid in it? I don't. So anyway

we didn't get to see many animals but we did see some birds, lots and lots of jelly fish, thousands of periwinkle snails, fish jumping out of the water, humans, things bobbing in the water Loni always asked what they were....markers for crab pods, and at one point glimpsed for a split second some sting rays. The picture to the right is of Loni and Erin in their kayak on the way back to shore. Loni helped Erin paddle but was always too hot to help me:( her poor pregnant mom. Yes, I will milk it for all it is worth. Other fascinating things we did were go to the beach where we saw some dolphins! We went to the Norfolk Botanical Gardens which were beautiful even though the butterfly gardens only had a couple butterflies, took walks with my dogs and at night saw fireflies. We went to a really old historis house called the Francis Land house. Loni was amazingly

interested in the place. She learned a bit about it at school and let our guide know when she knew things. In the gift shop she explained to me about a Jacobs ladder and wanted one so so bad, I told her I would get it for her birthday. I can't remember what she told the tour guide but it was funny. So you can laugh either because it was funny or because I can't remember what it was. We also made Erin some homemade jewelry. Other than that, she cooked for my family while I layed on the couch. What are best friends for?? I hope when I have out of town visitors I don't feel like puking so I can actually make them dinner. I was pretty good at ordering take out! Well actually Erin and Rick were but I suggested it! We also had me some angel food cake for my birthday which was delicious. It is nice being able to eat while I am pregnant, I just have to do it very often otherwise I get sick and no food really ever sounds
good. Well that is catch up. Hope you enjoyed!
5 comments:
sounds like you have been busy especially with the whole pregnant thing yay.SO i am an incredibly awful sister in law and i didn't even call you on your birthday So i better get on that and send you a card or something. But i want you to know that i was thinking of of you. You are awesome. Good luck with that
So cute!! Where is Loni's close up from her graduation? What did she do when she went on stage? Those hats are so funny. I actually saw pictures of Erin's trip first on her facebook page. Glad you were able to do some things. Talk to you soon.
Jody
PS Remember mom is coming next month. I pretty sure I will when the "Boring" award. We didn't do much. But she did cook and clean for me if that counts. :) Good thing she loves us.
So fun! I'm jealous Erin got to go visit you. I haven't seen her since High School...she looks good.
Happy belated b-day Debi! I meant to e-mail you earlier. Glad your friend came out for a visit. Hope you get to feeling better soon; it is no fun.
Loni looks darling in graduation. I just love her and I love the graduation picture you sent us of her. Erin understands and it sounds like you did do some stuff and the kayaking looked fun...even thought Loni said that it was boring she looked cute helping to paddle the boat. Erin is a good friend... a good sister. She must really be your sister...part of us. Maybe that is why I like all of them so much all these years...sometimes I think we get to know some of our Heavenly family a bit better than some of the others. Weird, huh. Love, Mom
Post a Comment